Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Chocolate Zucchini Banana Cake Recipe

I had the day off today, so of course I used the time wisely by getting up early to catch up on my DVR and pin things on Pinterest.  I came across this recipe for chocolate zucchini cake.

I didn't have the right amount of zucchini, so I changed it a bit.

Chocolate Zucchini Banana Cake Recipe

1 1/2 cups shredded zucchini
1 cup mashed banana ( I used 2 bananas and threw them in a blender)
1 1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/2 sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 bag chocolate chips



Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Mix together the zucchini, banana, sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla until blended.  Add the flour,cocoa powder, salt, and baking soda and mix until smooth.  Stir in the chocolate chips.
Pour the batter into a 9 x 13 cake pan that has been sprayed with oil or lined with parchment paper.
Bake for 35-45 minutes (mine took 45).

*This had a banana flavor to it, a little stronger than I had anticipated.  So, if just zucchini is used, it would be just like a chocolate cake.  It's very moist and delicious either way.

Maybe I shouldn't have eaten 3 pieces before heading to Zumba class, but what can I say?  I was watching Man vs. Food and that show always makes me hungry!   Hindsight.

What did you do today?  Are you trying to use up your zucchini?

No comments:

Post a Comment