Saturday, October 26, 2013

Documentarathon

It has come to my attention that I seem to like doing things that end in -athon: triathlon (close enough), marathon, sleepathon.  So, I've been on a documentary kick over the past week or so.  What did we do before Netflix?


I usually like to watch documentaries that focus on the food industry and how horrible it is; especially when I am trying to eat better.  I've watched a couple of those and more.

There was Bananas!*, a documentary about the Nicaraguan banana workers and the dangers they faced from the pesticides that were rained down on them.

There was Maxed Out, about how credit card companies prey on the poor and unknowing and make it virtually impossible for you to ever repay your debt.

And then my food documentaries: Fat, Sick and Nearly DeadFood MattersVegucated, and Farmageddon.  I was surprised to see Dr. Fuhrman in a couple of these docs.  If you don't know, he wrote Eat to Live and encourages a clean eating lifestyle.  It made me want to reread his book and start  incorporating juicing like in Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead.

Eat to Live

So, I am borrowing my younger brother's juicer while he is gone for a couple of months and I will use it as soon as I get the thing clean.  He may be a great brother, but great at cleaning things? Definitely not.

I don't have the time to juice 3-6 times a day, but  I will definitely be doing it as at least one meal replacer.  I'm pretty excited to try it and will let you know how it goes!

Have you ever juiced?  If so for how long?  Have you ever done any type of cleanse? What did you do?

No comments:

Post a Comment