Thursday, April 24, 2014

Eat to Live

Yesterday I went for a run/walk. I completed both Week 3 Day 2 and Week 3 Day 3 of the Couch to 5k program.  I usually will complete one 'day' by heading out from home and then walk all the way back home, but I hadn't completed a day since last Wednesday I believe, and wanted to get through it - because I knew I was capable of it.

I was planning on Zumba tonight, but for no good reason decided to not go which left me feeling pretty down about my weight (especially since I stopped and got Rocky Rococo's for supper). I haven't been eating very well, staying in my calorie range for the day? - yes, eating healthy? - no.

More like here and Instagram.

I had put a hold on the book Eat to Live by Dr. Joel Fuhrman on the elibrary.  I read it before a long time ago, but it was more of a skim through rather than a read and absorb.  I like that he knows "diets" don't work and promises that I won't ever go hungry on his plan.  I also really like that the way he says we keep weight off is by eating real, natural food, not by eating the fat free, sugar free, over-processed foods that many diets encourage people to eat.

Challenge accepted!

Since I am going out Friday night to a beer bash, I will start Saturday fresh and on this new eating plan.  Dr. Fuhrman says to give him 6 weeks and it will change my life.  That's a big promise, but I'm willing to take on the challenge.  This will give me a day to plan my meals and grocery shop so I start out successful.

Have you ever read this book or another book to help lose weight or inspire yourself?

No comments:

Post a Comment