Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Spring is in the Air

I think living in a place where we have long, cold and snowy winters, really makes me more appreciative of sunshine and warm(er) temps, especially since it just snowed 2 days ago. I went outside to do my Couch to 5k workout. I am on week 3 day 1 which consisted of run 90 seconds, walk 90 seconds, run 3 minutes, walk 3 minutes for about 20 minutes.
Some muddiness and puddles from the melted snow.
Spring flooding of the River. 

I bundled up a bit, because the temps are just in the mid 40s and it's pretty windy out.  Otherwise, the sun felt amazing and the air smelled like Spring.  The ducks were swimming in the river, the geese were squawking and strutting around, and the robins were flying back and forth. I felt like I was in a Cinderella movie or something and we were seconds away from bursting into song.

Bundled up, but loving the sunshine.
Today was my day off, so I had the whole day to do what ever I felt like.  I slept til 9.  I was in a baking mood and ended up making a brown sugar and cinnamon coffee cake and a loaf of bread.  I also cleaned the house and did wash.  I know, I know. I'm a wild woman!  I also am reading Game of Thrones, the first book.  I am borrowing it from the elibrary and only get it for 7 days. I have only 4 more days and am not even 20% of the way through.  I may have to just buy the book myself.


Do you run outside?  
Have you read the Game of Thrones series?


No comments:

Post a Comment