Tuesday, July 23, 2013

My Cleanse

I am on the last day of a ten day cleanse.  I've never done one before and I really wasn't excited to do one now.  I was scared I would be hungry, tired, grumpy, and craving junk food all of the time!

I was surprised how easy it ended up being, how good my mood was, and how much energy I started having at the end.  I ate constantly and came in under my calorie goals every day according to My Fitness Pal.



I even ran 12 miles and felt great!



Here's the deal.  You have to eat clean for 10 days.  You can't have any processed foods (pretty much everything I loved!), sugar, caffeine (I drank green tea), dairy, and wheat.

The day before, we took our measurements and weight.  Did I mention that I did this because Becky was going to do it?  I took my measurements and weight on day 7 and was down 6 inches and 8 lbs!  I really couldn't believe it.  I didn't feel different or "skinnier".

How to be successful?  You just have to plan ahead and be prepared.  Always have enough food with you to eat in case you get hungry.  Find foods you love!  The great thing about doing the cleanse now is that there's so many delicious fruits and veggies in season right now!  Just some of the stuff I ate.

Cod with lemon and green beans from my garden!

Taco salad with fresh lemon juice and avocado

Green tea with lemon and a PB Chocolate Banana Smoothie
Eggs with spinach and blueberries


 So, what am I going to do now?  Go eat a pizza?  Oh, no!

No Pizza!

I am going to continue to eat clean.  I am going to start working in things like bread and tortillas, but they will be ones I make myself.  It will be more like the detox phase from The Hunger Fix.  My goal in the end of all of this is to crave all of the junk food less and have healthy "go-to" substitutions that I love even more.

I am really looking forward to trying to make a cauliflower crust for a pizza with spinach, tomato, and EVOO.  I am also looking forward to making my own bread and whole wheat tortillas.  Why buy gross, processed foods that you don't know what the heck is in them, when you can make your own? (Remind me of this in a month)

I will post some of the recipes for the stuff I ate.  It was all amazing!

Have you ever done a cleanse?  Was is successful?  Or did it backfire?


No comments:

Post a Comment