Sunday, June 30, 2013

Break on Through

Last night I had a blast at a friend's wedding reception.  Unfortunately, it also led to some bad choices of too many drinks and a few ciggies.  The drinks I could have handled, but things started to go down hill after the cigarettes.  AND I haven't smoked in at least 2 years!  I woke up pretty tired, with a sore throat, and super thirsty.

Melissa will kill me for this, but we had a blast! lol

I had a craving for a huge breakfast.  For some reason, I thought it would be a good idea.  I made 2 eggs, hash browns, and toast along with my usual coffee around 9.

When 10 rolled around to go run, I was feeling a little heavy.  I knew this run would probably suck, but I also knew whining about it wouldn't help. I mean, I did whine a little.  The first 5 miles were the hardest.  I think knowing that we were on our way back lifted my spirits a bit.

The weather was beautiful!  It was in the 60's, breezy, and sunny.  It was one of the most perfect days to run!



Before we started running, we were going to run 9 mins, walk 1 min.  We stuck to that for the most part, but ran the last two miles home.  

It felt good to get in a long run again.  It's been a while since I've had to go that distance.  I always feel so accomplished afterwards!  

Did you have a long run today?  Did you have a relaxing day?  



No comments:

Post a Comment