Friday, August 9, 2013

Lifeway Kefir Smoothie Recipes

Influenster sent me a coupon for a free Lifeway Kefir product that I reviewed here. I made a couple of smoothies that I really liked.  Here are the recipes!

Strawberry-Banana Smoothie

1 c. Lifeway Kefir Lowfat Plain
1 c. Strawberry
1  frozen banana (softened, per instructions below)
1 Tbsp. Chia seeds
1 oz. coffee, hot or cold



Put all of the ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.

I use at least one fruit as frozen, usually the banana.  Just throw your bananas into the freezer once they begin to get too ripe to eat.  When you want to use it, throw it in the microwave for about 30 seconds and the peel will come right off!

Mango Protein Smoothie

1/2 c. Lifeway Kefir Lowfat Plain
1/2 c. Simply Nutritious Morning Blend
1 mango, peeled and cubed
1 Tbsp. Chia seeds
1 Tbsp. NutriBiotic Rice Protein Powder



Throw all of the ingredients in a blender.  Blend until smooth.

I had the mango one after a long run for some quick protein.

Do you like smoothies?  What's your favorite?

No comments:

Post a Comment