|Rock My Run|
Yesterday, was a 10 mile run. We only listened to music for the last 2-3 miles. I turned on my Rock My Run music and really liked it. It's a DJ mix where the songs are pretty seamless and just float into each other.
I really liked the app, because I didn't know what songs were coming up as opposed to when I play my iPod. I feel like even in "shuffle" it plays the same songs in the same order. There were a lot of songs that I've never heard before, which I liked. It made the time go by. If you are someone that is picky about your music, then you might not be interested in something like this, but for someone like me who doesn't really care, it was a welcome change.
The run went pretty well. Becky and I both worked that day and went afterwards. We have both been struggling to eat well lately and spent a good portion of the run talking that out and planning for the week.
1) Drink a lot of water. 4-5 of my bottles a day which will be 100-125 oz
2) After today (because I have some bread to eat) limit carbs. Brown rice, beans, etc. ok, but no bread, tortillas, cake...
3) Limited dairy (because of my Kefir I have to use up). After that, none. I feel better when I don't eat it.
4) No added sugar, including in coffee. (Eek!)
5) Cook! Make at least one new recipe and at least two other go to meals so I have something on hand.
6) Follow my running plan. I have the time, so I don't have any good reason not to.
7) Make sure I'm getting enough sleep. No falling asleep with the T.V. on. Listen to relaxing music if I feel restless.
Have you ever tried Rock My Run? Do you make weekly/monthly goals? What are they?